viernes, 1 de abril de 2016

Book Review . Useful Phrases




Good Phrases and vocab

The book I´d like to review is Holes
It´s set in Texas in the United States of America and it is about ...
The main characters in the book are … .
However, my favourite character is …
•The most effective characterisation was the character of … because …
The main themes considered in the book are … Yet, the theme I found the most interesting 
was … because …
The p_ _ _ - story
The main character/ theme
The setting …. – where it takes place
The novels offers a very credible/believable presentation of (+ theme) because …
This novel provides an interesting insight into (how history can effect the present day)

Expressing your opinion

•Personally, I think/ I believe/ I feel …
•From my point of view/From my perspective/ As far as I am concerned …
•In my opinion
•I suggest + gerund (reading)
•I recommend + gerund (reading)

Connectives 

•Obviously/ Clearly/ Without a doubt/ Undoubtedly
•Firstly/Secondly/Thirdly/Finally
•Despite the fact that there is … there is also a lot of … (Used to contrast ideas)
•Despite the lack of (noun) , there is … (Used to contrast ideas)
•In order to/ so as to/ so that
•As a result of … / Consequently/ Due to/ because of …
•However/ In contrast
•In addition/ Furthermore/ Additionally

Conclusion

• In conclusion,
•On balance I think that …
•Hats _ _ _ to Sachar for/on … ( + noun/gerund)
•If you are into … this novel will be right up your street
•Although I´m not really keen on reading, I enjoyed the book because …

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario